Saturday, November 8, 2014

Tend Your Fires

It's something of a lazy Saturday. Not the satisfied lazy of a deliberate day of rest taken at a tasks completion, but the kind of lazy that comes when you have so much to do that the only reasonable course of action is to curl up on the couch and watch youtube for a couple hours. Everyone has these from time to time, I think, but it doesn't stop me from kicking myself the next day or the next night. Then I come across this.


It's kind of a cheesy thing. The folksy wisdom is liable to illicit an eye-roll from many and I wouldn't blame them. For me at least, it was a case of a thing coming at just the right time.

I think in a lot of ways, it was a nice reminder for things we shouldn't need reminded of. Set goals - big goals - but you have to start where you are. More importantly, you need to pace yourself. I have a tendency to take on too much too fast and smothering whatever momentum I might have going forward.

This isn't a strictly game related post, but wherever you are in your current projects, whatever you're striving for, remember: take the time to tend your fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment